Dalhousie University
 
1334 Barrington Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia   |   902-494-6006
Forms and Resources | How Much Does Co-op Cost?

How much does this great program cost?

Our program actually has one of the lowest fees in the country: The Co-op fee is $500 for each work term and is non-refundable.

You should note that the fee is non-refundable.
You will be required to pay the fee at the begining of the study term prior to each work term. Students should notify the co-op office if they decide to opt out of co-op by the beginning of the study term.

The fee is non-refundable. Even if you opt out of co-op, or are required to drop co-op due to academic standing, or you find your own job, or you do not get a job, the fee is non-refundable. The reason for this is because the costs of running the co-op program are fixed regardless of how many students find employment. Until recently, student fees only covered 30% of the total co-op program costs; the university covered the other 70%. If we were to make the fee refundable and based on actual employment success, your fees would be over $1100 per work term. In addition to paying the co-op fee, you will also have to register for the actual work term course which must be done separately, but for which there are no additional fees.

More detailed information on Co-op Fees.

You can have your co-op fee waived by becoming a Class Representative.